Richard Mille gives tribute to Formula 1 Grand Prix’s return to the U.S. track with RM 011 Felipe Massa Flyback Chronograph Carbon, an all-new limited edition timepiece set in a carbon case.
This much-anticipated comeback from a five-year absence brought the famed watchmaker and a friend of the brand, F1 driver Felipe Massa to collaborate for the design of the original RM 011. Since Massa will also be driving in the US for the first time in five years, the opportunity to create a special edition of his namesake is most golden.
Many of Mille’s iconic watch designs have drawn inspiration from this racing sport, likewise carrying its high-class, high-performance reputation.
The RM 011 Felipe Massa Flyback Chronograph Carbon boasts of the flyback chronograph functions which are essential to athletes and sports fans alike:
- Skeletonized automatic winding movement
- Dimensions: 50.00 mm X 40.00 mm X 16.15 mm
- Functions: hours, minutes, seconds, month display between 4 and 5 o’clock, oversize date display at 12 o’clock, flyback chronograph, annual calendar, 60-minute countdown timer, 12-hour totalizer
- Rotor with variable geometry and yellow lacquer detail
- Power reserve: 55 hours (without chronograph running)
- Water resistant to 50 meters
- Presented on a yellow rubber strap
The black carbon tripartite case gives high contrast to the watch’s bright yellow strap, numerals, hands, inner bezel, crown protector and lacquer rotor detail. A yellow helmet at the 7 o’clock position adds a subtle sporty touch, an affirmation of its intended audience.
The next question: how many? There are only 30, sold at the Richard Mille Boutique in Beverly Hills, California. Watch out as Felipe Massa flaunts this standout watch at the United States Formula 1 Grand Prix on November 16 to 18, 2012 in Austin, Texas.