Last week, watchmakers HYT unveiled the latest model in their collection, a skillful skull limited edition design called the HYT SOONOW Drop One, an object of art as much as a timekeeper. “Limited edition” is taken to another level with the SOONOW Drop One: only five were made.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of HYT
The five-piece HYT Soonow Drop One edition had its grand debut at the opening of the “Sneaker Time” exhibition in Watches of Switzerland in New York City.
The colorful and eye-turning facade of the timepiece is a skull. The twelve numbers of a clock are written out on the outline of the skull itself. There is a side-view that is spelled out by drilling.
The dial has a blue and purple color combination, with 313 18-karat yellow gold pins and 937 high-precision perforations.
The eye sockets are green, with lacquered neon orange on their outlines, as well as those of the nose and mouth openings. One eye socket has a power reserve disc in green, orange and black. The other eye features the words “SOON” and “NOW”, to remind us all of our time’s brevity. Two partially visible, multi-layer bellows inject energy into the timepiece’s system.
About The HYT SOONOW Drop One
– Black fluidic hours (inverted liquids)
– Seconds, power reserve
– Stainless steel and satin finishes
– Diameter: 48.8 mm
– Height: 20.08 mm
– Stainless steel screw-down crown
– Domed sapphire crystal; intra-material HYT logo and engraved hour indication
– Screwed case-back, with sapphire crystal, “one of five” decal
– Water-resistant to 50 meters.
HYT’s Exclusive Patented Micro-Fluidic Module
– Borosilicate glass capillary tube with nano-coating interior, bent into a new shaped form
– Multi-layer metal bellows
– Two immiscible liquids; one transparent, the other one colored with a highly resistant dye
– Thermal compensator with dedicated bellows and specific liquid
– High-tech ceramic fluid restrictors
– Mechanical with manual winding, exclusive caliber
– 28,800 Vph, 4 HZ, 35 jewels
– Hand-bevelled bridges adorned with Cotes de Geneve
– 65-hour power reserve
– Transmission between movement and fluidic module by conversion of rotation into linear movement using a cam-follower system
– Isostatic connection of the fluidic system guaranteed by a trident
– Blue-purple anodized titanium dial, 937 perforations
– Hour markers with numerals written in full around the side of the dial
– 313 gold pins (18-carat)
– Green Super-LumiNova® rail under the capillary
– Polymer teeth
– Seconds indicator disc (left eye) with “SOON” and “NOW” pattern
– Power reserve indicator (right eye)
– Orange lacquer outline around the eye, nose and mouth openings
Black rubber, titanium folding buckle
H02239; Limited edition of 5 pieces
For more on HYT, visit www.HYTwatches.com