We have numerous articles on designer to the stars, Jacob the Jeweler, including this piece featuring 5 Questions with Jacob the Jeweler.
1. Tell us some of the most exciting developments at jacob and Co today?
- Jacob & Co. continues to build on its multi-time zone collection and most recently, introduced the Grand and the Global watch collections. Each features a pentagon shaped face that shows give time zone functions with corresponding cities around the globe. The designs are sleek, unique and for the guy who wants a timepiece unlike anything else out there. The Global dials can be silver, white or black with a black rubber strap, and the Grand is offered in stainless steel, black PVD, red aluminum or 18k gold case and bezel with optional round brilliant cut diamonds. The new collections can be seen at http://www.jacobandco.com/catalogs/68-global.
2. What watch do you wear daily?
- I often wear an H24RC with a diamond bezel, however I also wear an original Five Time Zone, a Limited Edition Tourbillon, and an Epic II.
3. If money was not a concern, which Jacob and Co. would you recommend to a customer?
- If the customer was looking for an exquisite timepiece and money was no object, I would recommend our Crystal Tourbillon with baguette diamonds. Not only is it interesting to look at with a transparent face that allows you to see the movement, the case features an eighteen karat gold case with nearly 18 carats of baguette diamonds.
- If the customer was looking for a fine piece of jewelry, I would recommend our one of a kind ring featuring a 16.77-carat oval shaped, internally flawless rare blue diamond surrounded by 1.66 carats of pink diamonds set in 18 karat rose gold, perfectly accented with a white diamond and platinum ring setting. It is truly a work of art!
4. For movement, what watch do you produce that you are most proud of?
- I am certainly proud of introducing a FiveTime Zone watch that revolutionized the way you can view time on your wrist. I continue to design watches that include 5 movements, thus the ability to see five different times at once. We now offer more than 60 Five Time Zone watches and continue to increase that number year after year.
- I use a Blackberry.
For more Jacob the Jeweler, click here.